I tested a little batch of Russian SITs today.
Summer has been really busy and I don’t think I’ll be able to do a lot of audio related stuff until later in the Fall. Here are the details for the Ironamp power and bias supplies I’m using. The transformers I used were custom wound by Edcor. I built monoblocks, so they’re for one channel. The primaries are 115V @ 60Hz, and there are two secondaries, one 80V @ 2A, and one 21V @ 50mA, 150VA.
Here’s the main power supply:
And here’s the bias supply:
P.S. If you find yourself thinking about sending me a cranky email to tell me what I should have done differently, or why such-and-such is better, or that so-and-so on the forums says you shouldn’t do that, I want you to know that I value your time, and that I really suggest you don’t waste it being cranky. Do whatever you want to do. Your energy will be better spent on your own creative efforts.
I posted my first video blog on YouTube. It’s loaded with nerdy audio goodies. I’ll try to put these out a little more often.
Check out my new project on Youtube. I hope you enjoy it!
The silicon wizards at Linear Systems have been cooking up a special batch of JFETs in their secret underground laboratory. The LSJ74, a replacement for the Toshiba 2SJ74, will be sold exclusively to the DIY community through www.diyaudio.com. This is a nice nod to the audio enthusiasts who have been pushing for these parts, and will no doubt put them through their paces before they are released to OEMs.